Saturday, June 30, 2007

How Time Flies

Wow--I can't believe my last post was in January. I am back on board with this! Things got crazy--for a while at work, things weren't going well. My relative and I were bumping heads, again about minor points he seems to want to focus on, but now things have settled into a comfortable routine. Repetition is the key to learning new tasks, and after 6 months, I do have a lot down pat. Now it is time move on to the next phase. I am basically learning every aspect of the manufacturing company, which someday I will co-own. Sometime soon, I will take on marketing duties, which, with my communications background, seems right down my alley. We need to solicit new customers, and I think that would be fun.
However, I might not be able to travel for a while yet because I have one more year of law school left. I am really glad I have all of these interesting things going on in my life.


********************************************

I saw a great movie tonight--A Mighty Heart. I had heard great things about it and Angelina Jolie's performance, and I agree. She was wonderful. Being a journalist for many years, I felt a kinship with the characters in the movie. A tiny part of me would like to be a foreign correspondent. You have to really be a true journalist to put yourself in such a situation.

********************************************

This is a little old by now, but what did you think about the Sopranos ending? I loved that show. I was frustrated with it at first, but am glad that there wasn't a bloodshed of their family. I have come to like the theory that the viewers were the ones who were killed.

*******************************************

I just got back from a vacation to see relatives in Western Pennsylvania, also where I am originally from, which is the area where the oil industry was born. I always love coming back here. Not only is it a beautiful Victorian area, but it is slower paced and makes me feel so connected to my roots. I can't get enough of it.

No comments: