Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Character and Fitness Interview

Well, I had my character and fitness interview today. What can I say? It was short and sweet and less painful than I expected. The lawyer assigned to me fussed at me for my traffic tickets, which I hear is par for the course. And he questioned me about my debt. Yes, my debt--my big bugaboo. My debt has been a yoke around my neck for quite a while. I worried when I didn't have my interview last summer. Was it an indication that I didn't pass back then? Possibly. But not sure. All I knew was that I was concerned because others were getting their interview and I wasn't. But this time around it is different. My debt actually is in better shape now. I am caught up on my credit card payments, and I have made payment arrangements with some of the companies. And in this environment, my debt doesn't look so bad. He commented that he hoped I paid off the debt soon, and I said me too! But he seemed satisfied that I had done what I needed to do. Maybe having to wait on the interview was a good thing after all. And is having my interview this time an indication that I passed? Probably not, but it is a good sign in the right direction at any rate.

No comments: