Thursday, July 14, 2011

Typos Can Kill Online Revenue

As a longtime and excellent proofreader, I was glad to see this article. Too many times people pooh pooh proofreading and the problems that a single typo can cause. This article says that typos can kill online revenue, because it hurts credibility. This makes me wonder about some online businesses' mentality. I went to a workshop once about making money online, and the speaker was saying how you should put logical misspellings of your product type on the website, so that when people type it in wrong on the search engine, they will still find you. I was appalled! That guy is a dufus! Yes, you might get some customers that way, but I think you would turn off many more by this tactic. Who would trust a website that can't even get its own product category name spelled right? Thank you, but no. As an editor and proofreader, I will not pander to low hanging fruit.

http://www.linkedin.com/news?actionBar=&articleID=633968852&ids=0Qd30Vd3wQcPoIczwOdzoPcPcSb38Pd34Qdj8PdyMNcPgScPsQcPoIczkUe3oVcPcS&aag=true&freq=weekly&trk=eml-tod-b-ttle-80

No comments: