Sunday, June 9, 2013

I Love, But Hate Technology

I love technology, because it is fun, optimistic, and exciting. I hate it when I can't get it to work. Which is more than I care to think about. I bought a new printer--a four-in-one--printer, copier, scanner, and fax. I can do all of that except fax. Now I know some are saying the fax is going the way of the dinosaur, but I don't think so. I know a lot of fax machines are humming away. People say they scan now. But why would you spend hours scanning a hundred page document, when it would take a few minutes to fax? Except, when you don't know how to fax. A technician came to my house to set it up and show me how to work it. When he was talking, it sounded easy of course. But after he left, I couldn't get the fax to work. And I have to as I have multiple 100-page documents to send. If I do it at Office Depot, it would be several hundred dollars to fax. I need to figure it out!

No comments: