Thursday, April 11, 2013

Budget Travel Is The Way To Go

As I have mentioned--but in no great detail--I have a new job. It is my dream job. I will work from home, travel a number of times a month, make more money, and have more flex time. Now, who wouldn't want that job!

I am excited about the travel. The company will reimburse me for my travel expenses, and I want to be a good steward of their money. But it is the flex time and freedom of schedule that I am excited about. Not only will it help me be more organized, a better housekeeper (I hope), but I also will be able to do more personal travel. I see more personal travel in my future. I need to increase my world travel. And I always love to travel to see family and friends.

What is important for me in my personal travel is affordability. I am a budget traveler! Therefore I look for cheap airfares, cheap hotel rooms, and the like. This allows me to stretch my travel dollars and go to more places and stay longer. That is not to say that I don't like my occasional splash of luxury. But cheap airfares and hotel rooms are important. After all, most of the time the focus of the trip is the travel experience itself and not just the hotel room. Here's to more travel in 2013. Bon Voyage!

No comments: