Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yesterday Was Bad Customer Service Day

I have been through a lot lately, but I also have a lot to be grateful for. I am out of a bad job situation and into a fabulous one. I have a lot of good friends, I have good health, and a good spirit. I am happy with life. But yesterday I felt out of sorts. Why? I am not sure! The only thing that comes to mind is poor customer service. Not once, but twice.

First, I need to replace my dryer lint screen. It has a tear in it, which enables the lint to escape. That of course is not safe. I called a parts warehouse, and a woman told me to come on out--that they have lots of these on hand. So, I drive out there to an inconvenient location. My goal was to come back home with a new lint screen. 

Well, the guy behind the counter takes the screen from me and goes out into the warehouse. He comes back minutes later, saying they don't have any. What? I say. The woman earlier told me you always have those on hand. She doesn't know what she is talking about. You must call back with the serial number off of the dryer, he says. That pains me, as the dryer is in a bad location, and it is hard to kneel down to see that number.

I go back home, get the number and call back. Talk to a different person. Oh, yes, we have these out here. What? I say. The guy earlier told me you didn't. Well, I am more familiar with the warehouse, the other guy says. So I will troop back out there and hope that I come home with a new lint screen.

My other bad customer service experience will be fodder for another post.

No comments: