Monday, August 11, 2008

Cycle of Life: Olympics--Law School--Olympics

It occurred to me today that the last time the Olympics were on I had just been accepted to law school and was starting the following fall. Watching the Olympics in '04 was bittersweet: I love the Olympics, but at that point I thought watching it was the last fun thing I could do for four years. I had no idea what law school held for me, but I was afraid it was the end of life as I knew it. Although I did have a meltdown in October of my first year of law school (Crying all one weekend--What did I do? I asked myself. Put myself in prison, I thought.) I quickly recovered. Such a meltdown is almost predictable in the first year. I went on to not only do pretty well in law school, but to love it. I am now watching the '08 Olympics as a law school alum. I survived, and deserve at least a bronze medal in the stress/work/life ambition category. A lot has happened in four years. And I am the happier and better for it.

No comments: