Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Need To Listen To Music Again--What Do I Buy?

I really need to get rid of my stereo. The one I was so proud to buy about 10 years ago. Or was it 12 years ago? The one that still plays CDs well, but all of the cassette tape buttons are jammed. Which is a shame, because I still have a lot of great cassettes that I never replaced with CDs. The only time I used my stereo during law school was when I popped in a study tape or CD on some subject like remedies, evidence, criminal law or contracts. Listening to music became a foreign idea. But now my studying is behind me, or at least that kind of studying, and I need and want to listen to music again. The music in me. So I went to look at electronics the other night, almost fearfully, not sure what there is even to buy these days. I knew ipods were an option, but what else is out there now? Much to my relief, there are still some tabletop stereo systems and even some bonafide boomboxes. Yippee! Not that I don't want an ipod, but for right now I may still go with a tabletop version.

No comments: