Sunday, November 8, 2009

Personal Injury Law--Mesothelioma

As I sit here wondering what direction to take my career in--stay where I am, go back to editing full time, or go for the law career--I want to think carefully about what to do. My overriding reason for going to law school was to be able to help myself and others. Help in the form of not letting people take advantage, knowing rights, understanding how to navigate the legal arena, and how to get relief. One of the most helpful and satisfying things I could do is help people get the money they deserve for injuries they have received. Mesothelioma is such an area. The stories are so sad. People don't even know they have mesothelioma for 20 to 40 years after exposure to asbestos--that is how long the latency period is. I don't know if there are actual mesothelioma laws or not, but I am going to research that. People who want a good settlement need to choose a mesothelioma law firm that specializes in that area. I love editing and can continue that on a freelance basis, but I thinking I am answering my own question. I need to go into the law where I can help people who can't help themselves.

No comments: