Saturday, May 1, 2010

Planning Special Events

I love planning parties and other events. So much so, I have thought about trying to get a job in that field. Oh well--maybe in another life. I just got a law degree, so I probably need to concentrate on that field or my other field, journalism.

But I do love planning parties. I used to do a lot of Christmas parties, Easter brunches, any excuse for a party. It is good to have a good source for party supplies--because you do need Christmas plates and napkins, birthday hats and balloons, wedding napkins and other necessities. If you have a place to buy these items for a good price, you are a step ahead. Also, you need to enlist someone who has good organizational skills, if you are lacking in that area. But most important, you just have to want to plan these kind of events. If you do, it will be fun. If you don't like these kinds of events, it will be torture. If that is the kind, you better hire someone to help you.

No comments: