Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Festival of Beer

Post contributed by Hilton Miranda


Now that Autumn has rolled around, I got to participate in my favorite activity, San Diego's Festival of Beer. Held downtown on Columbia and B street, the event included 65 breweries and well over 6000 beer drinkers. This year was the 16th annual event and my 6th consecutive one. I've pretty much been going ever since I turned 21. I can't tell you how fun this day is. I even got my brother to fly down from college to enjoy the festivities with me and my friends.

After spending the day grilling up some barbecued steaks and whatnot, we set the home security alarm (Denver Adt home security systems) and departed for the festival. This year we received a free souvenir event logo tasting mug. Tickets were a little pricey at $40 a head, but I believe part of it goes to a good cause - helping to fight cancer. We try to stick together and test out all the new brews, but it's not always easy with the crowds and mingling. Plus some of us wanted to enjoy the live music they provide every year along with all of the fun events while others just wanted to drink. We always meet back at the ticket area at the end of the five hour event. This year, since my brother was out, we decided to continue our drinking with a walk over to the clubs.

No comments: