Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graduation--A Bittersweet Time

It is the end of the school year, and that means graduation announcements, graduation gown, parties, trips, etc. It is an exciting time but also a sad time. Bittersweet. Nostalgic.A beginning and an end. The end of an era. The beginning of a new one.

I have been through several graduations myself. I wasn't that sad at my high school graduation, mainly because I was excited about going to college, and it never dawned on me that I might never see my high school classmates again. (I guess I needn't have anyway, since I have seen most of them at reunions throughout the years.)

But I was definitely sad at my college graduation. I must have known that it was definitely the gateway to adulthood, and that is kind of sad. Plus, your classmates may truly be going hither and yon, and who knows whether you will see them again?

But then who could have envisioned facebook and all of the other social media sites? Everyone can get in touch with everyone now, and that is pretty comforting.

No comments: