Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes I Miss Working In A Professional Office

It is funny the things you miss. Sometimes what you get tired of is what you miss later. And then you find that again and miss what you left then. I know it seems weird, but it seems to happen, at least in my life. I indicated in my last post that I am not that fond of my job. It is a small blue collar environment. Some might find that refreshing, but I find it limiting. I recently started feeling like I miss a professional office, one where people at least sort of halfway dress up, there is protocol, and a hierarchy where you can complain if your immediate boss doesn't treat you well.

The other day I had to make a stop in an office building and I had that feeling again. Walking past the woman relaxing at lunch near the outdoor fountain made me think--what a nice place to work! Walking inside and going up the elevator felt nice. I am sure that if I were back in such an environment, I might soon tire of it But maybe not.

No comments: