Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Business Wake Up Call #2

When I mentioned the other day that I had had a business wake up call, apparently I wasn't the only one.

My relative boss was sick, and it occurred to me if something happened to him, I would not know enough. It was a scary thought. Apparently the same thought occurred to the other person who will be my partner in the business eventually.

And it occurred to my relative boss.

He said, what would happen to the business if something happened to me tomorrow?

He wants us to come up with a plan, which is a good idea.

The problem is he won't listen. When you mention something, he pooh poohs it. He has a tendency to dumb people down. Thinks he knows everything, all the while he limits his sources of information. He tends to talk in an insulting manner.

When we talk next week, I will ask him that one of the items on my plan is what can he do better to help us prepare.

No comments: