Sunday, January 20, 2008

Economic Stimulus Package

I was happy to hear that we might get a stimulus package that could include tax rebates of up to $800 for individuals and $1,600 for families. The rebates would be sent out in late spring. I was elated to hear this, because I could use this money now because of paying for BarBri review (It is very expensive.). Getting that money would take a load off my mind.

But my next thought is, "Oh no, does that mean I am slipping back into being a republican?" I shuddered at the thought. I grew up in a republican home but long ago went to the other side, and I don't predict I will ever go back. It made me nervous that maybe I was being lured back into republican thinking by the thought of easy money.

So I was glad to hear on the news this morning that this economic stimulus package was first discussed by John Edwards! George Bush only recently came around to agreeing we needed such. Thank goodness!

And, during talk on TV about the various campaign events, pundits have talked about democrats who are either beer drinking democrats or wine drinking democrats. Even though I like beer on occasion, I have to admit I would characterize myself as a wine drinking democrat.

Cheers!

No comments: