Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Joys of a Collegial Law School

I am one of the lucky law students--I go to a collegial law school. That is right--I go to a school where students like each other, look forward to seeing each other, and even help each other out with class. The students ahead of us have been very generous in giving us tips and materials to help us succeed. And most everyone in our class helps each other out. We give each other copies of our notes, outlines, other study materials, and are quick to explain a difficult concept to someone else. The other law school in town is also a collegial law school.

This is in such stark contrast to some other law schools in the nation. I won't name names, but some law schools are very cut throat, are known to be so, and attract those very kind of students, so the environment continues year to year. I don't think I would enjoy one of those schools.

No comments: