Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting My First Cases

Suddenly, I feel more like a lawyer. In the last couple of weeks, I have been approached by people to take a couple of cases. I got my first disability case, which is good, because disability is something I might really like to do on down the road. The wife of someone I work with has been denied her benefits, and I am helping her with the appeal. And then a friend recommended me to do someone's will. I am a little nervous about the will, as my wills class seems like a long time ago. But at least two people have said they would help me with this. I am impressed with how lawyers help each other. It has gotten me thinking about keeping my options open for taking cases. Would I take a personal injury case? Previously, I thought not, but maybe if someone approached me about it I would. Until I get up to speed though they would need to choose from one of the many Tennessee injury lawyers to handle their case.

No comments: