Monday, March 15, 2010

My First Disability Hearing Has Been Scheduled

I am still at my old job and am developing a fledgling law practice on the side. I have written a couple of wills and have one disabiity case in the works. I filed for a hearing before an ALJ for my client, and the judge's office called me today! They said they had an open date and did I want to take it??? I was shocked--I have never heard of this happening (of course, I am a newbie, so what do I really know??). The date is about 3 weeks away. I told the woman who called me that I still needed to get some evidence in and that I also needed to check with my client. She said do that and call me back tomorrow! Amazing--is disability suddenly getting really efficient or something?? I called my client and she said that that date is fine. I'll call the judge's office back tomorrow and accept the date. Then I need to get my treating source statements in. Can't believe this is actually happening!

No comments: