Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pets Are Messy And Expensive, But We Love Them Anyway

I love my dog and two cats beyond words. They are so sweet and lovable. But they create messes and cost me money. I just had my carpet replaced, and already one of my cats has shredded an area with her claws. Talk about a waste of $800! But she is so cute......

My cousin in Austin just got a puppy and guess what? It is urinating on his rugs. Big surprise. I had to deal with that with my dog too. If you catch it quick enough and clean it well enough, you can save the carpet. I couldn't keep an area rug, because he wet on it too much, and the dog sitter didn't catch it.

Sometimes I would rent a cleaning machine to clean the carpets, and it worked well. I told my cousin he should do that. He said he would look into renting steam machines from the local grocery stores, rug steam cleaner austin, (I think their website is http://www.thesteamteam.com/) Stanley Steamer, and some of those other places that come do it for you, or where you can rent and do the cleaning yourself

But meanwhile, we will fuss at our pets and act angry, but be so very happy they are in our lives.

No comments: