Thursday, August 11, 2011

Urban Homes, Urban Restaurants, Urban Clothes

There is an area in my city that is not quite downtown, but is sort of midtown that is so cool, so hip, so now! Well, OK, that sounds like I am talking "60s talk," but it is true. It used to be an area of warehouses and failed businesses, but now is home to a number of high rise condos and apartments that are urban chic. The area also has some of the newest and best restaurants, and one of the area's coolest night spots. A part of my high school reunion was held there last year, and it left such a good impression on those from out of town. They couldn't believe there was such a cool spot now in our hometown. The area also has a very cool grocery school and an urban clothes store too. I walked through there the other day, and it was fun just browsing. I am proud of how my city has grown up and is so interesting now.

No comments: