Saturday, April 21, 2012

Attended A WordCamp Recently (And Am Glad I Am Not The Newbie Anymore)

I have gone to several WordCamps over the years (sorry Blogger) and had a nice realization at the most recent one: I am not the newbie anymore.That feels good!

 I find Wordpress more difficult than Blogger, which is very user friendly. I have one wordpress blog, which I have been working on for a while and have struggled with it. Struggled with finding a theme, knowing how to set it up and make it work correctly, etc.. After much trial and error, I  finally have a decent working knowledge, even though I have so much more to learn. But it was nice to go to the daylong meeting and understand a lot of what they were saying.. I used to have no clue, but no more. At least I have a clue now, even though I still have a lot to learn.

Some of the best things about going to these meetings is the people you meet and how alive you feel.  Sometimes everyday life can get cumbersome and boring. I come away from these meetings feeling refreshed and renewed. I have learned something new and valuable, and it is nice to be with like thinkers. And also not to be completely in the dark anymore. At least I am starting to speak the language.

No comments: