Sunday, April 1, 2012

What Technology Might A New Lawyer Need?

In this day and age, even lawyers, who never have been on the cutting edge technologically, need to know and have the latest gadgets for their office. Many of the technologies they need would be for marketing purposes: a website, blog, facebook page, linked in, etc. But there are some other things out there too that are not marketing related, such as electronic files, and everything online.

One thing that may be helpful to the solo lawyer, and something I am looking into myself, is the virtual office. Where you only have an office when you need it. Keeps costs down. There are times when a solo lawyer or even a bigger firm might need a conferencing service. Maybe your client is out of town and you need to have a conference, or bring a number of people together? Of course, other companies and professions need to use these tools too. But since I am thinking of striking out on my own (more so than I am now--I am just part time now) law as a business is on my mind.

No comments: