Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Family Issues And PTSD

Sometimes I think I have PTSD. I really do. I haven't been in war or in any measurable stressful situation like that. But I grew up in a dysfunctional family, where my parents were insensitive and arrogant. And it caused a lot of pain. A lot of pain. The problem is that situations got out of hand, and memories of these situations follow me. Then when like situations come up with my parents now, those feelings come flooding back. I try to accept that I just have insensitive and arrogant parents. I do not want memories and new similar situations to cause me stress and therefore health problems. But the feelings of anger and sadness and despair sometimes just flood over me for seemingly trivial reasons. But they are not trivial when they cause this much problem.

No comments: