Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What To Do Next Career Wise?

I am in a dead end job and need to move on. Didn't think it would be a dead end job, but working with my relative has become a dead end. Should have seen it. Not making enough money and not enough challenge. I won't go into all the reasons why this is, but suffice it to say, it really shouldn't be a surprise. But now I have to figure out what to do next.

Go back to journalism? I have an opportunity, but it is not what I am used to and may not be what I am comfortable with. Practice law full time? Hard to hang a shingle when you don't have a good financial cushion. Stay where I am and go one way or the other? Juggle two jobs, until I am self sufficient in an area? That is what I am thinking about doing. I have good skills and can move one way or another. That is some to be grateful for. Watch this space.

No comments: