Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Convenient Truth

I am watching a documentary on CNN about Al Gore's book,
An Inconvenient Truth, and his recent Nobel Peace Prize, and I find myself again annoyed. Not at CNN. They are doing their job at examining an issue. But people keep pooh-poohing Al Gore and his environmental work.

This just boggles my mind. So far they have interviewed several scientists who say global warming is not happening. Why are they not interviewing those scientists who say it is?

But what really boggles my mind is people's disregard for the environment. OK, so maybe you don't believe or accept the evidence about global warming, or maybe you are just so selfish you don't give a shit.

But even if that is the case, why can't you appreciate the environment and want to protect it?

After all, if you don't care about the environment and work to save it, you are saying you dont' care about your children's or grandchildren's future. You are saying their future is not worth anything.

Is that what you really want to say? Really think about it!

Wake up now and help the situation, or you are part of the problem.

******************************

Congrats to the people at my school who graduated last May and passed the bar. I checked the published list yesterday and saw a few of my friends. I didn't recognize many of the names, highlighting the fact that I didn't know as many members of the class above me as I thought. We will not find out the percent of those from our school who passed for a few days yet. Our school tends to have a lesser percentage who pass, because we are a night school, and people work full time in addition to going to school. I'll cross my fingers our stats are good!

No comments: