Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FEMA's Latest Faux Pas

When all else fails, have a fake press conference! I don't have all the facts (OK, blame it on law school head) but I have heard enough--that for some reason FEMA held a fake press conference. (I did look it up later, and apparently FEMA wanted to show that they had things more together this time--after the California fires--than they did after Katrina. So they had staff members act like they were reporters asking questions.)

Oh yeah, that is smart!

I know it was the idea of some dumb PR flack. But wait a minute-some PR flacks would know better!

Oh yeah, but this is one who was appointed by the Bush administration. What more can you say.
As a former reporter, I can tell you this will ruin what little credibility with the press they had left.

Hey, FEMA PR guy--you messed up! You breached the public's trust. And you got what you deserved--no job.

************************


I am so excited that my blog now has a page ranking of 3! I have only been doing this since July, so this makes me very happy. Thanks to all who have been reading my blog. Uncork the champagne!

**************************

I was really disappointed at work today. My relative boss is reluctant to offer disability insurance and some other types of insurance, despite the fact that it would not cost him or the company anything. I asked him about this today and got pretty upset when again he seemed unconcerned. We are not an insurance agency, he said. Well, duh. But companies offer benefits. I am so disappointed. I am hoping it is not because he is selfish and unconcerned. Since he is over 65, he would not qualify for these benefits. But what about the rest of us? I dont' understand your reluctance, I told him. It would cost you nothing, and it would be such a good thing. Do you understand that under certain circumstances, if someone was hurt or ill for a length of time, that an employee, including me, could lose everything? His response was only one of non response. Very disappointing.

No comments: