Saturday, April 26, 2008

Left v. Right

It is amazing how the left and right cannot communicate. I am on the left, so my bias is against the right. But I have much insight into the right: I grew up in a conservative home and used to consider myself conservative. Until the foibles of Bush Sr. And then never again. I admit that I think the left tends to attract the "thinkers." Those that can think out a problem and arrive at an answer. The right tends to regurgitate old, tired canned responses that they learned from their parents. Or learned from someone and have never bothered to do a reality check sense. Brutal? Yes, I probably am. But I have lived in their territory, have thought their thoughts, and now reject it. The right's worst sin? Failing to see how any of theirs are wrong or to blame for anything. For when they claim such a ridiculous stance, they lose all credibility.

No comments: