Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That Dreaded Bar Application

I passed another milestone today on my way to (hopefully) a law career. I handed in my bar application. Yes, I handed it on deadline day. I could have mailed it--it just had to be postmarked by today. But I decided to personally take it there. After all, I drove my law school application to the school on the day it was due, because I didn't have time to mail it. So why change my tactic now? It worked before; maybe it will work again. I am glad I delivered it. The woman at the desk took a look at it and said it looked good and that everything seemed in order. She suggested I send in one other item. I am glad, as this has relieved my mind. The board of law examiners still has to look at it, but if she thinks it looks good, it may be OK. After all, she has seen a lot of applications. It is a little unnerving however when you are being investigated for your character and fitness for law practice. I feel almost like I am being investigated for the FBI or the state department. It is just another part of the hurry up and wait in this process.

No comments: