Friday, June 25, 2010

Really Getting Into Rotary Club

True to form, I am only now really getting into Rotary Club even though I have been a member almost a decase. Yes, that is true. I am a little wierd about commitment. Most people jump into an activity head first and then burn out quickly. I creep in, little by little, get wet some, and then a decade later dive in. But there I am and having a great time. Maybe part of it is that we are getting some younger members, and they are more fun to mingle with at meetings and parties. I feel like I am finally getting something out of it.

More of the speakers are doing power point presentations now, which is great, because it helps to have a visual. More and more of the speakers are just bringing a flash drive with their info on it, and then one of our members plugs it into their computer. And walla! There is the presentation. Makes it easier on the speaker for sure.

No comments: