Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sad News About A High School Friend

I am on the planning committee for my high school reunion this summer, and it has been a lot of fun. We haven't had a reunion in a while, so everyone is anxious to see each other again. It has been a lot of fun reconnecting, but there has been a downside: Finding out the classmates who have died or currently have cancer. The number is not huge, but it is larger than you hope. None of the ones who have died were that close to me, but I just found out that someone I have known quite well has late stage cancer. I don't know the particulars, but she may just have been diagnosed. I am in shock about this. We used to get together frequently a few years back, but I haven't seen her in a while. My heart goes out to her, and I hope and pray there can be a miracle. I want to help her in any way I can.

No comments: