Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Taste Of Rejection

I have a job, one that would be considered good. It is good, except I am not sure I want to be there for the long haul.  Hard words to say. Especially since I left a job I really loved to come here. Ove the past year or so, I have kept one eye open on the job market. And boy do I have bad timing! Even a year earlier would have been a much better market for a job search. I have applied for two law jobs and didn't get interviewed for either one. One I never heard back from; the other, I received an email today saying they had filled the position, but to not feel bad as they had received more than 300 applications. Wow--a small taste of rejection that the rest of the country has been feeling. But at least I have a job. I would hate to not have one. How awful that would be.

No comments: