Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wandering Around The Big Easy

I am in New Orleans for the Rotary International Convention and am having a great time. I haven't been to the Big Easy in a long time. Have to report that things look like they are back to business, at least in the French Quarter. Of course, this is not news. New Orleans has been up and running for a long time. But it is the first time I have seen it since Katrina. Last night there was all kind of frivolity in the French Qurater. Surprise, Surprise! In addition to the drinking, there was cigar smoke wafting all around. I am not a smoker, but I do like the smell of cigar smoke. Between the signs for karioke, 3 for 1 drinks, gentlemen's club and such, I saw some buy dutch master cigars signs too. I am going to go out tonight again after the meetings, so there will be more fun to have.

No comments: