Monday, March 5, 2012

Women And Backpacking

I have not done a lot of backpacking--hardly any actually--but I do have one funny story. I used to date a guy who really liked to hike and camp, and we went quite often. Most of the time, we did not need to use backpacks for hiking--we were just doing day hikes, or we were able to drive to the campsite and unload our gear.

But once, we were going to a campsite well into the woods, we were going to have to hike there. He outfitted me with a backpackm and I couldn't believe how heavy it was! He said it wasn't heavy at all, quite light actually. But to me it was really weighing me down. Somehow I trudged through and made it to the site. On the way back, it was much easier, since we had eaten a lot of the supplies that we had brought with us. Some people love doing this kind of thing, but I had to grin and bear it. I think if I had been a better sport about some of these things, we would still be together today!

No comments: