Monday, September 3, 2007

Jammin' at Hippie Jack's

I treated myself this holiday weekend, and to get away from the studying went for an afternnoon to the music festival, Jammin' at Hippie Jack's, which was on the Cumberland Plateau, a couple of hours from here.

The location is really neat, out in the middle of nowhere, but is a beautiful setting. You can camp there for the festival, which was running for several days.

I was there for about 5 hours--wish I could have stayed longer, but had to get back to studying and my doggie--Stoopot.

They had a couple of tents set up, and some bluegrass bands playing. I heard one of the featured bands, the Hector Qirko band from Knoxville, and they were great. They had a latin flavor, and I love latin music. I could have listened to them for hours. I hope to hear them again.

Jack is going to have more of these festivals. The one this weekend was being filmed and will be shown on the local Cookeville PBS station. I believe it is also being syndicated to go national on PBS too.

***************

OK, I treated myself twice and went with a friend last night to see The Invasion, starring now Nashvillian Nicole Kidman. The movie is good and has some scary moments. But the neat thing was Nicole was a tough cookie. She is good to have around in a crisis. I still haven't seen Nicole around town like so many other people have.

No comments: