Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bar Exam: Studying With Others Has Been Invaluable

Going into this, I wasn't sure what to expect once bar review started. I knew I would be attending the BarBri and PMBR sessions. But studying for the bar requires a lot of outside study too. I had assumed I would be studying by myself. I felt OK with this, because I am good at studying by myself.

But instead, I have been meeting one or two people everyday since the bar review classes have stopped. We mostly just study on our own, but are there together. Usually at a Starbucks. So if we have questions or just need moral support, we are there for each other. I can't imagine doing this any other way. It would be so lonely. And scary in a way, since you wouldn't have anyone to compare notes with. I would definitely recommend studying with at least another person during this difficult time. For people who take bar review classes in a new city, you can always meet people to study with during the BarBri classes.

No comments: