Wednesday, April 8, 2009

RVing In The Midnight Sun

My only experience with an RV was unusual. First of all, it didn't go anywhere. I slept in an RV that served as a makeshift hotel room when I was in Anchorage for the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon. They didn't have enough hotel rooms in Anchorage for all the runners/walkers, so they set up rv parks for us. It was a hoot! Our group arrived in Anchorage in the middle of the night, and we got a quick lecture on how to use an RV. huh????? Like we were really going to follow and understand how to turn on the hot water heater and such when we were so hog tired after being on a plane for more than 8 hours.

My roommate was coming in on an even later flight, if you can believe that. As I started to get ready for bed, I thought I should take the elevated bed, since it would be easier for her to use the regular bed when she came in later. I climbed up there, and it was so tiny and narrow, it had to be a child's bed, I thought. I tried to sleep but the whole time was worried I would roll off. She came in a little while later and turned on the light and started laughing. You have never been in an RV before have you? she asked. I said, how did you know? That bed folds out, she laughed.

No comments: