Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreaming About Dream Jobs

I am still thinking about what kind of job I should try for next. My biz job may not be working out so well. Owner is too stuck in his ways, won't listen, has too many meltdowns, and can't see obvious problems for it to be comfortable here. I think I should move on and am starting to thinking about careers, law careers in general. After all, I do have my law license now, and I would like to try to use it. I had often thought about working for one dept in the federal government where you mainly are intermittent employees. Only called up when you are needed. To me, this is intriguing. It would be interesting and important work, and you would have a lot of time off. Of course, when called up, your time would not necessarily be your own. I don't know how I would work out the logistics, with my animals and all. I googled and found some retirees talking about how they work for the department and live out of their motorhome when called up. I may not be able to do it until I am retired either. You don't get any benefits, and I need those right now.

No comments: