Thursday, January 21, 2010

I've Been Defriended And Feel Hurt--Why??

I am on facebook and have more than 250 friends. I just found out today that a law school classmate defriended me, and I have to admit it stings a little. It's been on my mind more than it needs to be. But I guess the question why lingers out there. She didn't defriend other classmates. Well, maybe she did, and I just can't tell. But she still has a healthy cadre of them on there as friends.

How I know she defriended me is that I wanted to send her a message today. When I called her name up on facebook, it said "add her as a friend." What? She is already my friend. And then I realized she wasn't. Not anymore. It doesn't make sense. We were always friendly. I might even go into the same field that she is in, and she knows that. Wouldn't that be worth keeping me as a friend? We were never buddies, but friendly. I decided to ignore the defriendment and send her the message anyway. I wonder when she sees if she will worry that I am asking about being defriended???? Well, she can rest assured. I am not going to. Maybe she didn't even mean to defriend me; I'll never know.

But as I heard someone say recently, if you are worried about facebook at all, it is too much.

No comments: