Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Lawyer Update: My First Win!

I have to brag a little bit. I recently had my first win--I got social security benefits for my first client, and I am on cloud 9! Yes indeedy! Get out the champagne. Not only does she get her benefits, which she desperately needed, but I got paid too. And that is great! I make a decent salary at my regular job, but not a great one, and I need more money. I am hoping to keep this money for my emergency fund, even though I have already had to dip into it some. But not anymore, I hope. On top of that, I got my second client. Hope I can win for her too, but the case will go until after the first of the year sometime. That is the downside with disability cases--they take a really long time. You just have to persevere and hope you win. I wish I could figure out a way to do this full time.

No comments: