Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Telltale Look Of A New Lawyer's Face

I am only saying this because I am a new lawyer myself. When someone asks you a legal question, you get this faraway, blank look on your face. This is because you are usually familiar with the subject the person is asking you, and you might have known the answer when you were studying for the bar, but now the answer escapes you. You have the blank look on your face, because, darn it, you can't remember the answer. You had to learn encylopedias of information during law school and the bar exam, and it just doesn't stick. I know I have had that look on my face when someone has asked me a question. I saw that same look on another new lawyer's face recently when I asked him a question. I felt sorry for him, because I knew how he felt. I felt better for me though, because he actually works at a law firm, with other lawyers and answers at hand, and still didn't know the answer. Made me feel better, because I am out there by myself.

No comments: