Friday, September 17, 2010

Dealing With Debt

I am happy to say that I am on the downhill slope from debt. I have been in debt my whole adult life, some to a scary degree. I could have easily been forced into bankruptcy. Or other humiliation. I was able to handle it on my own through sheer perseverance. But I can't say I didn't suffer. I think my blood pressure became worse because of my debt situation.

At one point, I did credit card consolidation. That made it easier to keep up with my payments, since I just had one. But to be honest, after I paid off the consolidation, I got in debt again.

I didn't do any kind of unsecured debt relief or credit card debt relief. I finally just cut up the credit cards and bit the bullet. Several years later I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In two years I should be DEBT FREE! And never again.

No comments: