Friday, September 24, 2010

I Miss The Snow

I msis the snow. Well, I will qualify that. I miss the snow in my old hometown in PA. The snow is different there--it is not icy like it is where I live now. You can drive around in it and not worry that you are going to slide off the road or into the next car.

But I remember when I was a kid that sometimes you had to put on a tire chain. That was only in the worst of the worst snow days. But we lived up a pretty big hill and on the days of the big snowfalls, that is what we had to do.

When the tire chain came out of the trunk, that is when we knew the snowstorm was a big deal. It was kind of fun actually.
Of course, with the tire chain on, we had to drive slowly. But that was Ok. The snow there was so pretty, it gave us more time to look at the winter wonderland.

No comments: