Monday, September 13, 2010

Nawlins!

Guest post written by Kat Solomon

My favorite things to do on trips is go on ghost tours. Part of me wants to see a ghost, another part of me is terrified of seeing one and then I also just love the history aspect of hearing about all of these people that lived in places before us, rather than if they're haunting the places they lived in before us or not. So, I had been waiting to go to New Orleans to hear the great ghost stories there for a long time.

One tour was a vampire-themed tour and the tour guide was talking in a low, creepy voice that so many tour guides like to talk in on those things, except i was having a tough time understanding her. It really bothered me that I didn't understand a lot of the storytelling that was going on, but I didn't want to ask my family what was being said so I wouldn't ruin it for other people.

When I was talking about it later that night at the hotel, so I looked up Miracle Ear on my smart phone. I ended up buying some free hearing aids in Cincinnati when we got home from our trip. So I'm not worried about getting spooked on future ghost tours!

No comments: