Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Fledgling Law Career

I am still working full time at my old job and still doing a little bit of law on the side. My second disability case is coming up for a hearing sometime soon--don't have a date yet. In addition, I have written a petition to establish paternity and the court date for that is set. I may also work on a petition to terminate parental rights and then an adoption. (this is a horrible situation, and I want to help). The one case I have that I feel frustrated with is a short sale/deed in lieu. Someone had to quit paying her mortgage because of a hardship situation, and I am trying to oversee a short sale and if that doesn't work out, a deed in lieu. The problem is these large banks talk a big game, but then they do what they always do: foreclose. The good part is she doesn't want to keep the house, so that is not an issue. She just wants to have as little impact on her credit as possible.

The ramifications and seriousness of being a lawyer has really hit home These people are depending on me, and I have to give them my best. And I will.

No comments: