Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Fun Of Trade Fairs

I may be nuts, but I really like going to trade fairs. Sometimes I think they are an afterthought for people attending conferences. Like during a meeting, they may go look at the trade show exhibits  to take a break and to see what is there. But it is not really a destination. But I enjoy walking up and down the aisles looking at all of the items and picking up literature and freebies.

The most recent conference I attended that had a trade exhibit area was the Rotary International Convention in New Orleans. There you would see  table top display after table top display showing the various and valuable Rotary service projects from around the world. The trade show room, with people from all over the world, was almost like a mini United Nations. It was very exciting.

I have attended many trade show fairs but have only been an exhibitor one time. I previously edited a trade show magazine and had a booth at one fair. It was a lot of fun to be on the other side of the coin. We sat in directors chairs and had fun answering questions and handing out our magazine. I would love to do it again if given the chance.

No comments: