Monday, December 12, 2011

I Want To Buy A Home Somewhere!

I live in a condo and have what Dave Ramsey calls "house hunger." I need a bigger place, and I really want a home. The problem is, my money isn't there for me to do this yet. So, I won't. But I need to look ahead and figure out what I want to do when I can afford it.

I would love to buy a house in my neighborhood but they are waaaay too expensive. I could get a nice house farther out in the burbs, but I don't really want to live there.

I could continue living in my condo but buy a part-time home. Somewhere I could go for fun. That could be in my old hometown, where they have wonderful homes at rock bottom prices. Or it could be a lake house in one of the neighboring counties, where the real estate is priced low.

I could splurge and buy some Oahu real estate. Now that sounds silly, but I do have a couple of friends who are wanting to do the same thing, and maybe we could go in together and share the cost? One of my high school friends says one of her relatives has quite a bit of Oahu real estate. Maybe she could advise us?

I think I better sit still for a while and continue paying off my bills and saving money. And then I can find my dream home, wherever it may be. Maybe even if it is Oahu real estate!

No comments: