Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dueling Bar Reviews

As time is winding down towards graduation, the bar exam is looming on everyone's mind. (Actually, we still have quite a few hurdles to get through in school first, but looming it is still.) Today, I got not only one welcome, but two welcomes, one each from PMBR and BarBri. PMBR was thanking me for having paid in full and letting me know about their early 6 day practice session. Barbri was letting me know that I still owe megabucks for their review. Up until today, I was sweating bullets on how to pay for it. I had earlier set aside some money for it, and like the financial genius I am, I have frittered it away. Luckily, I also got an email today saying that my tax return, electronically filed, had been accepted by the IRS. That is good news indeed, as it will totally pay for my BarBri course. I am so grateful--I don't know how I could have paid for it otherwise. For some odd reason, I am looking forward to taking the courses (but not to the bar exam itself).

No comments: