Sunday, February 10, 2008

Moot Court Blues--Episode 8

In our moot court class, we have to do appellate arguments. I like a like a fool agreed to be the one on our team to deliver the argument. I thought that was fine and fair. But yesterday I found out that we will be arguing in front of a panel of real judges. Damn! Double damn! I had totally forgotten that! It is not for a while, so I can figure out what I need to do. But right now, I don't have a clue. Maybe I can find some examples of appellate arguments online and use those as a guide.

AAARRggghhh!

*******************

On a better note, I was studying yesterday at Panera Bread, one of my favorite spots, and someone who had already passed the bar noticed I was studying law. He offered and did send me his outlines from his bar study. So nice! I have found law students to be so helpful and congenial to one another, something most people wouldn't expect. A total stranger giving me his outlines! So nice.

No comments: