Sunday, February 24, 2008

Please Mr. Postman

I always loved that song--no matter who sings it! I live in a condo building, and we have a group mailbox out front. I never thought much about it until I noticed some really nice commercial mailboxes on the Web that would give our building a more distinguished look. We are always looking for ways to update our building, but newer and nicer mailboxes is not something we have thought about before. Our reserves are a little down right now, but I may bring that up as an idea for next year.

On the same Website, there were some really nice residential mailboxes. My favorites were the Victorians, the Daulhaus, and the Gaines Classic column versions. They almost look like antiques. Another interesting kind was the Mayne Signature Plus Post. The mail box is built right on top of a wooden post. That would look nice in many subdivisions.

Nice looking mailboxes can really spiff up a property! My parents live in a very nice subdivision and most of the houses have some kind of specialty mailbox.

No comments: