Thursday, October 23, 2008

Western Pennsylvanians For Obama

I don't live in Western Pennsylvania anymore, but I hale from there. There has been a lot of talk about Western Pennsylvania lately. Like how they are racists. That they cling to their guns and religion. And how they aren't going to vote for Obama.

I do know from first hand experience that some people in Western Pennsylvania are racists. But guess what? There are some people from everywhere who are racists. Do they cling to their guns and religion there? Not from my experience--not anymore than anywhere else.

But I don't think Obama was saying that as a put-down. He was saying that in times of stress, people do cling to what they know. It wasn't a criticism of the people. He was criticizing the conditions that would make people cling to these things if they felt insecure.

And will Western Pennsylvania vote for Obama? I hope so. Pennsylvania is a blue state, but where I hale from is solid red. But I am hoping that they see that Obama would be a much better friend to them and to this country than the Republicans. Much better. I am hoping Pennsylvania will go for Obama. They deserve better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well obama will win

Anonymous said...

well he will win